Essential oils are the answer to your prayers if you have sensitive, damaged or skin-related issues that have persisted for a long time or are newly found as we mature. It is exceptionally beneficial for your emotional health and physical body.
It can be used in different ways—applied to the skin by adding it to your favorite skincare or hair products, use it as aromatherapy, or adding it to your homemade cleaning products.
There are tons of essential oils types; if you are overwhelmed by the many choices, we feel your pain. Let us narrow down some popular ones to help you figure out exactly what your skin needs, depending on your skin type and concerns.
It is important to know that essential oils cannot be applied directly to the skin without being diluted with a carrier substance or oils such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, and pomegranate seed oil, to name a few, to avoid skin irritation.
The most popular essential oils for the different types of skin conditions are:
- dry skin: ylang ylang essential oil to hydrate the skin and reduce signs of aging
- sensitive, mature skin: lavender essential oil for a soothing, calming effect and reducing inflammation
- damaged skin: frankincense essential oil for the ability to restore damaged skin by promoting new cell growth and antibacterial powers
- oily, combination skin: lemon essential oil to balance oil glands, provide free radical protection, and astringent power
- acne-prone skin: tea tree essential oil for its antiseptic power
Essential oils provide a natural alternative to balance and control your natural skin oils, and address skin concerns without using preservatives.
Alani Botanicals carries Premium Essential Oils suitable for your skin type.