What are Antioxidants?
By definition, antioxidants protect the skin from cell-damaging free radicals, slows the progression of aging, and counteract the damaging effects of oxidation. Environmental factors such as radiation from the sun, pollution, cigarette smoking, and other toxic chemicals are known as free radicals; antioxidants help protects the skin from such. As we age, our collagen starts to deplete; it will help slow down wrinkles, fine lines, and tighten loose skin.
What can Antioxidants do for your skin?
- Stimulates collagen production to keep skin firm thus correcting signs of aging
- Provides anti-inflammatory effects that even protects your skin from sunburn
- Benefits acne-prone skin due to its high concentration of salicylates (a.k.a. salicylic acid)
- Acts as a clarifier that helps balance oily skin and clear troubled-skin
- Brightens skin improving uneven skin tone and dark spots
Do your skincare products contain Antioxidants?
They are the key ingredient for youthful, healthier-looking skin, whether you eat them via fruits like blueberries, bilberries, and other berries or apply them to your skin.
The most common are vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, resveratrol, and coenzymeQ10. Not all skincare products contain them. Alani Botanicals’ goal is to include antioxidants in our products to rip the benefits of this super powerful ingredient.